Teresa and I have been married officially 19 years yesterday (Feb. 18th). Nineteen years has been filled with many wonderful twists and surprises; most twists have come in the form of my ever-changing careers and our kids (while planned) have supplied most of the surprises.
Blake is nearly grown-up, going to his first prom this coming Saturday and will advance to Life scout at the next court of honor. Jared gets taller and smarter every-time I blink and has almost completed his Bobcat in cub scouts. Haley is my sweet little princess dare-devil, she’ll put on a pink "dress-up" dress with a tiara proclaim she is a princess and climb to the top of the bunk bed and jump to the floor with-out a care.
Yesterday, I reflected back to our marriage day and our first date. I took time to remember the people who came to the wedding and reception, most I haven’t seen for years, a few have passed away, and still others I see frequently. All wished us a good and happy marriage and I am grateful for 19 years it has been so and with the grace of God and Teresa’s ever increasing tolerance of me we will be married for eternity. I also remembered our first date, which started as two friends harassing ducks after finals and ended up 9 hours later and with me having many new thoughts about my friend. At one point on that date I looked at Teresa’s hand; it was small, soft, and lovely, and when I think back, this is the moment that I first started falling in love with her.
Well to celebrate our anniversary we spent most of the day writing out a detailed daily schedule for the family in fifteen-minute increments from 5:30 AM to 11 PM. This included a morning, after-school, and evening checklists for Jared and we are still making one for Haley. Teresa couldn’t be more pleased with celebrating that way. To please me we went to Black Angus and had Steak etc.
Sitting in the booth at Black Angus, my arm around Teresa, her head on my shoulder, waiting for our socially challenged waiter to bring us yummy steaks was the most recent moment I continued falling in love with Teresa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is lovely, and should go into your journals.
Love, Mom
Hmmm. Once again --
This is lovely; you need to save in your journals.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment