Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hey, I was doing good, until Grandma passed me up!

It's Thursday, October 1st.  After doing a couple good deeds for the day, I went for my 5 miles nature walk.  For the first 2 miles my legs were still and aching, then they loosened up and I got my second wind.  I was able to walk faster.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself for doing so well, then "Grandma" came walking right by me and passed me up!  Ok, so I am pretty out of shape, and can stand to lose 50 lbs.  It only took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to do my walk! Woo hoo!  I cut 20 minutes off of my last walk!  I hope to do a walk almost everyday, if I can.  Maybe even turn it into a run!  We'll see.

Blake last night got dressed up as a "Youth Missionary" and prepared a lesson on the plan of salvation to share.  The youth were being divided into groups of 4, and shuttled off to a members home for dinner, and then the youth were to teach the lesson to the host family.  He got home a little after 8 p.m., and we were in such a rush to get to bed, I forgot to ask him how it went.  He seemed to be in a good mood, so I guess it went well.

Jared had a hard day at school yesterday.  It took dad & I going to school to help him pull himself together.  It was the first day of Star Testing, and the first day of anything is very hard for Jared to deal with.  When I got there, he was outside of the Library on the floor crying and carrying on about missing recess, and snack time.  The principal was there explaining that he could sit and eat his snack, but he could not play because he did not do his work.  Oh, that would not do for Jared.  Then he was upset because he knew he messed up and that would affect his playing time/video game time at home, and more crying ensued.  Dad came and he helped a lot.  We helped Jared get to the "quiet room" in his classroom, and then went in to explain that if he did his work and was nice for the rest of the day, he could still have some free time.  So far no phone calls today.

Haley: We had an IEP meeting for Haley yesterday after school.  Jared and Haley played and hung out while the adults talked.  Basically Haley has a speech/language delay, and we set goals for her for all of us to work towards.  She loves arts and crafts, so much so she once and a while is creative and gives herself little hair cuts.

Kelly is coming home for lunch, so I better start getting ready.  I also need to make bread for tonight's Recipe Exchange Club, and prep for Jared's Pack meeting tonight.  He is getting his Wolf rank! Yea!

lots of love & best wishes for all.
KTBJH

No comments: